Sending a Quick Letter to the Printer
You will use Merge Fields in order to customize your Quick Letters for your patients and referrals.
After viewing and editing your Quick Letter on the screen you can print it immediately, or even send it as an Email. If your office utilizes MOGO’s built in eSignature feature, and the eSignature merge field is on the quick letter, you can save the letter to the patient notes without printing and still capture the signature electronically. These options are available in the tool bar at the top of the printing screen.
The tool bar at the top of the viewing screen has the following options:
Open – To go to the File Selection window in order to select a different filename. This will allow you to select from the File Selection window as many times as needed without having to cancel and reopen the Quick Letter screen to make a different selection.
Page Setup – Contains settings for Margins and Paper, Headers and Footers, Columns, and Frames.
- Margins and Paper contain the page margin settings; paper format (letter, legal, etc); and document orientation.
- Headers and Footers contain the settings for which headers/footers appear on the document; which pages they show on; and their location on the page.
- You can set the document to be broken into columns. On the Columns tab you can decide the orientation and number of columns.
- Finally, you can give your document a frame, or border. Determine the location of the frame; weight of the lines; color of the lines; and the orientation/location on the page.
Print – Sends the Quick Letter to the printer. If your document contains the eSignature merge variable the eSignature module will launch to capture the signature. Once printed, a copy of the document will also be saved to the patient’s notes.
Print Preview – View a preview of how the document will look when printed out.
Save to Notes – Saves the Quick Letter directly to the patient’s notes without printing a paper copy. If your document contains the eSignature merge variable the eSignature module will launch to capture the signature. This is a helpful option for offices trying to be paperless.
Email Q-Letter – Sends the Quick Letter as an email. Clicking the icon will launch a Compose Message window with the highlighted patient’s email address prefilled in the To field. By clicking the dropdown menu next to the Email icon, you will have the option to send the Quick Letter as an email to any email address associated with the patient:
- Send to Patient will be the patient’s personal email address (you will be prompted to choose between Home and Business if the patient has both)
- Send to Family Head will be the patient’s family head’s email address (you will be prompted to choose between Home and Business if the family head has both)
- Send to Referral will send to the person who referred the selected patient (you will be prompted to choose between Home and Business if the referrer has both)
- Send to Physician #1/#2 will send to the physician record listed as the patient’s physician in the Patient Information screen
- Send to Primary/Secondary Insurance will send to the email address associated with the patient’s primary/secondary insurance
- Send to Patient’s Pharmacy will send to the email address associated with the patient’s Preferred Pharmacy as designated in the Patient Information screen
Print Envelope – Launches the envelope printing window for the highlighted patient.
Send Fax – Sends the Quick Letter as a fax. The patient must have a fax number associated with their patient record and the office must have eFax setup within MOGO.
Spell Check – Checks the Quick Letter document for spelling/grammar errors.
Help – Launches MOGO’s Online Help Knowledgebase.
Exit – Closes the Quick Letter window.
Tip: Keep a list of the letters you print most often in Quick Access!