Email Setup Wizard
MOGO’s Digital Communication Suite (DCS) includes its own powerful e-mail feature that is very similar to Microsoft Outlook®. MOGO’s e-mail has its own independent e-mail capabilities and Inbox.
The Digital Communication Suite provides totally integrated communications at a glance.
- Create your own folders in order to organize e-mail for easy retrieval and review.
- Include multiple file and image attachments.
- Attach images directly from the patient’s Image Cabinet.
- Password protected Adobe PDF documents for security purposes.
- E-mail Microsoft Word® documents.
- Attach images as a file attachment, or directly from the patient’s Image Cabinet in MOGO.
- Save e-mails to patient Notes.
E-Mail Setup Wizard
The first step is to set up your e-mail account or accounts. MOGO’s E-Mail Setup Wizard will help you enter the information required to access your e-mail account.
In order to set up your e-mail, you will need to decide what e-mail address you want to link to MOGO.
- The e-mail address you set up will use MOGO’s Inbox.
- If you have been using Outlook, you will want to create a new e-mail to be used in MOGO. This will prevent your regular e-mail from going into the Inbox within MOGO.
- In addition, you will need to enter unique Logon Information for this new e-mail account.
To set up e-mail, you will need to obtain the following from your Internet Service Provider (ISP):
- The SMTP outgoing mail server information. Verify your SMTP port number (the default is 110).
- The POP3 incoming mail server information. Verify your POP3 port number (the default is 25).
- Ask your ISP if they use SMTP authentication, and if so you will need the user name and password.
Tip: If you are already using Microsoft Outlook® or Outlook Express®, you can just copy and paste your Outlook settings to MOGO’s E-Mail Wizard.
To open the E-mail Wizard in MOGO:
- Click on the icon on the bottom row of the Patient Lookup List.
- If you have not setup any email addresses in MOGO, the E-mail Wizard will automatically open.
- The E-mail Wizard is under Tools and Company E-mail Accounts from the menu bar.
After opening the E-mail Setup Wizard, click on the [Next] buttons to continue to the setup.
Note: You can check off the “Don’t show Welcome screen again” box and the wizard will automatically open to the email accounts list.
Page 1: The E-mail Accounts screen will contain the following buttons:
- New – To add a new e-mail account. This will open the Internet E-mail Settings screen.
- Change – To edit information for an existing account. Select the account from the list and click on the [Change] button. This will open the Internet E-mail Settings screen for the selected account.
- Remove – To remove an account from the existing list. Select the account from the list and click on the [Remove] button.
Page 2: Clicking on the [New] or [Change] buttons from the E-mail Accounts screen will bring you to the Internet E-mail Settings screen. You will enter the settings from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to allow you to access your e-mail account.
- User Information – Enter your name and e-mail address for this e-mail account.
- Server Information – Enter your Incoming Server (POP3) and Outgoing Server (SMTP) information that you obtained from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- It is recommended you obtain the Server Information directly from your ISP. However, MOGO does contain a list of ‘typical’ settings for some of the most common email providers. Keep in mind that this information can be changed by the ISP without them notifying MOGO, which is why it is best to get the information directly from them.
- Logon Information – Enter the User Name and Password for this e-mail account. The option to “Use Secure Login (SPA)” allows you to select the POP# & SMTP secure authentication mode when connecting to an e-mail server.
- Click on the [Next] button.
Page 3: After clicking on the [Next] button, you will go to the Message Delivery Options screen. This is where you will select where inbound and outbound messages for this account will be stored.
- Receive Options – You will select a folder. E-mail sent to this account will be delivered to the selected folder.
- Send Options – You can mark the box to specify that “E-mail from this account must be reviewed before it is sent”. The e-mail would then be sent to the Review folder. This is set as the default when you set up an e-mail account.
- There are also buttons on this screen to add a New folder, Rename a folder, and Delete a folder.
- Click on the [Next] button.
Page 4: Click on the [Next] button to go to the Additional Internet E-mail Settings screen. This screen is where you will enter additional settings that may be required by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Account Information – There are fields for Account Title, Organization, and Reply E-mail Address. The Account Title will be shown under the “Name” column on the Email Accounts Page.
- Outbound Server – A box can be marked for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” if required by your ISP. In addition, there are options to “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” and “Log on using User Name and Password” fields. The option to “Use Secure Login (SPA)” allows you to select the POP# & SMTP secure authentication mode when connecting to an e-mail server (this is also on Page 2).
- Click on the [Next] button.
Page 5: Click on the [Next] button to go to the Advanced Internet E-mail Settings screen. These settings should not be modified unless specifically directed by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Server Port Numbers – There are fields to enter port numbers for “Incoming Server (POP3)” and “Outgoing Server (SMTP)”. Note: Click on Default to enter a default port number (the SMTP default is 110 and POP3 default is 25).
- You can also mark “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)” under both of these choices. This would be specified by your ISP.
- Server Timeouts – Use the slider bar to set the server timeout from “Short” to “Long”. Note: Click on Default to enter a default timeout.
Click on the [Finish] button when you are finished setting up your e-mail account.
MOGO can automatically send and receive e-mails in the background without opening DCS. The DCS Options window allows you to enable and set the frequency of this feature.
To access the DCS Options window, click Options under the Tools menu.
The first tab of the DCS Options window pertains with e-mails. Under the General section you have the following options:
- Automatically display folders with unread messages.
- Display popups when I have new messages.
- Display popups when messages need to be reviewed.
- Display popups when I have unsent items in my outbox.
- Display popups for eReminder replies that need to be processed.
- Automatically check spelling when sending a message.
The Send/Receive Messages sections contains the following options:
- Play sound when new messages arrive.
- Send and Receive messages at startup.
- Check for new messages every xx minute(s).
Tip: As you update your patients’ records, ask for their e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers. You can then enter the e-mail address, as well as other numbers, in their Contact Information screen. You can even mark a “preferred contact” number! MOGO’s eReminders allows you to send appointment confirmations and reminders via e-mail and text message!