How to Access the Appointment Book
The MOGO Appointment Book can be accessed from the Patient Lookup List, the Patient Information screen and the Patient Transaction screen, as well as from other areas of the program by clicking on the Appointment icon or from the menu bar.
Tip: You can quickly let the operatory know if a patient cancels or breaks an appointment by using MOGO’s Appointment Announcement feature!
Clicking with the left mouse on the Appointment Book icon will go directly to the appointment scheduler.
Click once with the left mouse button on the Appointment Book icon on the Patient Lookup List to go the current date on the Overview screen.
You can minimize the Appointment Book at any time so that you can quickly return to the same date if you are interrupted!
Click once with the right mouse button on the Appointment Book icon to access the popup menu. The features on the popup menu are the same features that are shown in the menu bar under Appointment. They are as follows:
- To go to the current date in the Appointment Scheduler.
- Last Date Accessed
- This feature is only used when the Appointment Book has been minimized for a date other than the current date. You can minimize the Appointment Scheduler by clicking on the minimize button on the upper right corner. This option will be inactive if the Appointment Book screen was closed.
- It is also available by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the Appointment icon on the Patient Lookup List.
- When you click on the Appointment icon on the Patient Lookup List, you will always go to the current date.
- The “Last Date Accessed” feature is only used if you have minimized the Appointment Book for a date other than the current date. You could then go to the Appointment Book for that date.
- This feature is disabled if the Appointment Book has not been minimized (for a date other than the current date).
- To access the Appointment Planner, which is an overview showing weeks of time that is scheduled and available. This is a very quick way to find out how your schedule looks for the next few weeks!
- Appointment Monitor (Office Flow)
- To open the Appointment Monitor for the current date. You can also press [F-12] from the keyboard.
- To list the selected patients Appointment History. This is very helpful when a patient calls to reschedule an appointment!
- To Scan for open times for providers and Preferred Procedure symbols. You can also click on the Appt Book Scan icon.
- Waiting List
- To open the Waiting List for appointments. You can use many features from the Waiting List, including adding new names to the list, as well as printing letters and entering Notes.
- Appointment Goal Summary
- To open the Appointment Goal Summary. This lets you view the expected production based on scheduled appointments.
- Add Patient to Waiting List
- To add the selected patient to the Waiting List. MOGO will let you know if the patient is already on the Waiting List.
- Online Appointment Request Management
- Opens the Online Registration Management window with the Appointments tab selected. This will let you review online appointment requests received from your patients.
- Online Appointment Request Setup
- Opens the Online Registration Setup window with the Appointment Availability Setup tab selected.
You can click on the Appointment Book Scan icon from the Patient Lookup List to scan for available appointment time. If you click with the right mouse on the Scan icon you will access the popup menu.
Before using the Appointment Scheduler, first go to the Appointment Setup screen to create Preferred Symbols under Setup for each provider. You will also create Appointment Symbols, which will be used as appointments are booked. You will also customize templates for each day of the week using the Preferred Symbols. These templates can be customized for individual providers or for the entire practice.
MOGO’s Appointment Book can be set up in 5, 10 or 15 minute increments in Basic Setup.
The Supervisor can change the name of an operatory by clicking with the right mouse on the operatory to open the popup menu. Click on Change Operatory Name and type the new name of the operatory. Note: Only the Supervisor (or someone with Supervisor rights) can change the operatory name.
Tip: The To Do List contains an Appointment List, which will automatically track detailed appointment information for your patients in year and month folders.
The Setup Appointment Display Information feature allows you to customize the information that is shown in the Appointment Book, in the yellow appointment detail popup, as well as information that is printed on the schedule.