You can print a Family Ledger from the Patient Lookup List, Patient Transaction, Patient Information, and Transaction History screens. Family Ledger is located under Print on the menu bar of all these screens.
The ledger always includes all family members, even those with an “S” in their Account Type field.
Follow these steps to print a Family Ledger:
- Click on Print on the menu bar.
- Click on Family Ledger.
- Click on the calendar icon to change Starting Transaction Date and Ending Transaction Date.
- You have an option to Print to Screen.
- Click on the Setup button to go to the Printer Setup.
- You can Sort by: Date, Patient, or Dr. Initial
- Click on the Printer button to print the ledger.
When you print the ledger for a family, it will include Dr., Patient ID, Patient Names, T#, Surface, Service Description, Date, Code, Fees, Insurance Payments, Patient Payments, Adjustment/Discounts, and Running Balance information.
The family ledger will also include Total NSF Checks, Total Reimbursements, Payments to or from non-family members, Total Payments, and Total Refunds at the bottom of the ledger.
Current Balance – The Current Balance amount on the Family Ledger can be compared to the Complete History Balance from the Transaction History screen (if you have marked the boxes to Include All Family Members and Include Active Transactions on the History screen).
- The only exception would be if someone in the family has an “S” in their Account Type field. That is because the History screen does not include family members with an “S” in their Account Type field. The Ledger always includes all family members, including those with an “S” in their Account Type.
- The Current Balance amount does not include payments to or from non-family members.
- The Current Balance amount does not include the R/B amount from the Budget Plan. The R/B amount for the Budget Plan is under the Details tab in the patient’s Budget Plan.
R/B (Running Balance) – The Running Balance amount on the Family Ledger cannot always be compared to the Current Balance amount on the Family Ledger. For example, the patient may be on a Budget Plan.
- The R/B is calculated from the following amounts on the Family Ledger:
Fee (minus) Ins.Pmt. (minus) Pat.Pmt (minus) Adj/Disc. (plus) Total NSF Checks (plus) Total Reimbursements (equals) Running Balance
“Payments applied to or from non-family members” will be listed separately at the bottom of the ledger. Note: The “Current Balance” amount does not include payments to or from non-family members.
- There is a separate Running Balance shown next to the “Payments applied to or from non-family members”. Note: This amount will be blank if the balance is zero.
- Payments “applied to” will appear as a credit amount in parenthesis, e.g., ($75.00).
- Payments “applied from” will appear as a positive amount, e.g., $75.00.
The Remaining Balance on Budget Plans will also be shown at the bottom of the ledger for patients who are on Budget Plans. The Remaining Balance on Budget Plans is the Estimated Patient Portion which is under the General tab in the patient’s Budget Plan.
Note: The options you have selected at the bottom of the Transaction History screen will also affect the balance information.