Printing Recall Cards
Recall cards can be printed for selected patients, for a group of patients, or for all patients from the Recall tab in the To Do List.
Text message and e-mail appointment reminders can be sent from Recall via MOGO’s eReminders®. There is also a Process eReminder cabinet in Recall that will automatically track patients in folders titled Text Message, E-mail, Letter, and Post Card, as well as a Call List folder.
You will first need to customize messages in Recall Setup.
You can print Recall cards with or without your return address. The option to print the return address on Recall cards can be selected in the Recall Setup screen. The return address is based on the employer address for provider on the Patient Information screen for the patient.
The Recall Provider is shown on the patient’s Recall Information screen and it is also shown under the “Pro” column in the Recall list.
The messages on the cards are entered from your Recall Setup screen and can be customized by you. The Recall card format cannot be edited.
Recall Card Messages can be added to the cards based on how overdue a patient is for their next Recall. Messages can be added to the cards by going to Recall Setup and clicking on the Card Message buttons for each overdue period. These messages will print on Recall Cards in addition to the Scheduled and Not Scheduled messages.
Recall cards sent via e-mail will include only the Scheduled and Not Scheduled messages, along with a program-defined reminder message. They will not include the overdue messages.
Recall cards will include a dividing line next to the address. The dividing line can be removed under Setup on the menu bar in Instant Recall.
Recall cards will print with the patient’s appointment date and time when you use Recall Variables in the Scheduled and Not Scheduled messages. If you want the next Recall appointment to show up on Recall cards, you must enter the Recall appointment in MOGO’s Appointment Scheduler with an Appt Type of Recall.
If the patient does not have an appointment, you can remind the patient that they need to call to schedule an appointment by customizing your messages! These appointment messages are the Sched. Msg and Not Sched. Msg in your Recall Setup. These can be edited by you in order to customize your own messages for these two choices using Recall variables. You can enter up to 200 characters in a message box.
When you print a Recall card, the patient’s Notes screen will save the date and time it was printed as well as the login name of the user. It will also show the patient’s next Recall appointment date and time.
Follow these steps to print Recall cards from the Recall tab.
- Click on the To Do List icon on the Patient Lookup List and click on the Recall tab.
- Click on any folder to open the list of patients who are in that folder.
- Select the patients for whom you would like to print cards by clicking with the left mouse button in the gray multi-selection boxes to select the first patient, hold the [Shift] key, and click on the last patient. This will highlight a range of patients. You can also select individual patients by holding the [Ctrl] key while clicking. You can also click on the “Select All” icon to highlight all patients on the current list.
- After you select the patients, go to Print and Recall Card on the menu bar.
- Click to select either Printer or E-Mail. Tip: Double click on the Home or Business Phone field to quickly open the patient’s Contact Information. E-mail addresses are stored in Contact Information.
After Recall cards print, MOGO will update the print date. The current date will be shown in the Print column. The colors that are shown on the Recall list are based on whether the patient is past due, current, and whether the “Print” column has been dated.
In addition, Recall Setup allows you to specify the number of days after which you would want to print cards or letters again.
Do not print Recall cards/letters if they were printed within the last [number] days
- Using this feature will avoid printing cards or letters again within a very short time range. The number of days is based on the Print date.
- If you have entered a number of days next to this option, you will receive a message if you try to print a Recall card or letter within the number of days entered here. The message will tell you when the card was last printed and will ask if you want to print it again.
When printing Recall cards or letters, MOGO will check the last Print date versus the Recall Setup, and prompt to print or skip cards/letters for printing. The message will ask, “Do you wish to print this card/letter?” You will have the following choices:
- Yes – You will be asked the question for each patient.
- Yes to All – It will print all cards/letters and you will not be asked the question again.
- No – You will be asked the question for each patient.
- No to All – This will cancel printing for all selected patients and you will not be asked the question again.
Print Preview Screen:
Recall Cards are first sent to a Print Preview screen. Clicking on the Printer icon will automatically print the cards to the current printer.
Note: You can change the top and left printout margins for Statements, Receipts, Appointment Cards, and Recall Cards (and the Denti-Cal insurance form) in order to conform to your printer.
- Click on the Options icon on the Preview screen after you “Print to Screen”.
- The margins cannot exceed 3 inches. If you set the margins to more than 3 inches, you will receive a message regarding this limitation.
- Changes made in the Options screen will automatically be saved for the next time you print a Recall Card.
The menu bar on the Print Preview screen has the following options:
- Page Setup… – The Page Setup option opens the Windows Page Setup dialog which allows you to change printer settings and preview them on the screen without printing.
- Print…[Ctrl P] – The Print option opens the Windows Printer Selection dialog before printing.
- Exit – To close the Print Preview screen.
- Contents – To go to MOGO’s Help.