Insurance Payments – Auto-Distributing
MOGO will give you the option to automatically distribute insurance payments at the time the insurance payment is entered. You will still select lines of treatment. The program will then automatically distribute a percentage of the payment equal to each line’s percentage of the total selected insurance balance.
Do not use Auto-Distribute on insurance payments if you want to edit and update insurance estimates.
Any remaining insurance balance is then added to the secondary insurance (if available) or to the patient’s balance, depending on the options selected in Office Setup.
Two treatments are selected with $100.00 primary insurance balances each.
The total insurance balance is therefore $200.00
The insurance pays $150.00
Each treatment is 50% of the total insurance balance.
Therefore, they both receive 50% of the payment, or $75.00 each
Note: A Daysheet by Service Provider will show distributions if you click on the gray box on the Report screen and select the names of the providers.
Follow these steps to auto-distribute an insurance payment:
- Enter the insurance payment as usual.
- The Insurance Payment Distribution window will open.
- Click in the box next to Auto-Distribute Insurance Payments at the bottom of the screen. You must click in this box first in order to select more than one line at a time.
- Click to select the lines of treatment.
A checkmark in the Auto-Distribute box will add a Distribute icon at the top of the screen. If you remove the checkmark, the Distribute button will also be removed.
The Distribute icon will not be active until you select the lines of treatment.
When you click to mark Auto-Distribute, you will also notice that the multi-selection feature can now be used. The directions on how to use multi-select will also now be shown at the bottom of the screen. You will click to select only one line, use the [Control] key to select multiple lines, or use the [Shift] key to select a range of lines.
- Select the treatment by clicking in the gray boxes. When you click in the gray box the entire line will be highlighted in blue.
- Click on the Distribute button
- The Remaining Amount in the bottom right corner of the screen will change. The lines will still be highlighted in blue.
- Click [OK] to close this screen and return to the Transaction screen.
MOGO will automatically distribute a percentage of the payment equal to each line’s percentage of the total selected insurance balance.