Bulk Insurance Payments
Bulk Insurance Payments can be entered from GoTo on the menu bar from any Transaction screen or from the Patient Lookup List.
If you receive a bulk insurance check from the insurance company, you can just enter it on the Bulk Insurance screen and then distribute it to any patients who have pending insurance claims for this insurance company.
A Bulk Insurance Payment is based on the insurance company name. It is not based on the employer name or plan number.
The payment is entered on the Bulk Insurance Payment screen (not on the individual Patient Transaction screen). When you enter the payment, a list of insurance companies will open.
- You must select the insurance company that sent the payment. The insurance payment description will automatically change to the name of the insurance company that is selected. If you do not select from the list, you will receive a message prompting you to select. Tip: You can type a few characters from the insurance company name in order to search for the name.
- You will be asked if you want to distribute the payment to the Primary or Secondary insurance balance. Click to select either Primary or Secondary. Note: If there are no treatments with insurance pending, you will receive a message. When you click [OK] on this message window, you will return to the Bulk Insurance Payment screen. You would then have to double click on the payment to begin again.
- If there are patients with insurance pending for this insurance company, a window will open with a list of patients. You will see columns of information for patient name, doctor, date, tooth number, description, code, charge, patient pending amount, and primary and secondary insurance pending amounts.
- You will link the insurance payment as usual and you will receive the message asking if you would like to update the insurance plan. When you click [OK] you will return to the Bulk Insurance Payment screen. You can then right click on the payment to see a Distribution Detail for the payment.
Post the Transaction to History as usual when you are in the Bulk Insurance Payment screen. You can always go to the Transaction History screen from the Bulk Insurance Payment screen to look at payments that were entered previously.
It is recommended that you transfer these payments to History before you close the Bulk Insurance Payment screen. This will make it easier for you later when you view the patient’s History screen.
- The individual patient’s Transaction History screen will include a Bulk Insurance Distribution code with the amount. This is only shown if you have posted the payment to History on the Bulk Insurance Payment screen.
- You can also right click on a transaction line when you are in the patient’s History screen to see the Distribution Detail.
If you close the Bulk Insurance Payment screen without distributing a payment, you will receive a message. MOGO will remind you that undistributed bulk insurance payments will not be shown on your Accounts Receivable Report. You will also be told to generate an Undistributed Payment Summary Report in order to find undistributed bulk insurance payments.
It is important to remember that undistributed bulk insurance payments will not be shown on your Accounts Receivable Report. When you generate your Accounts Receivable Report, you will receive a message if any undistributed bulk insurance payments are found.
The Daysheet and Deposit Slip will not show the patient names when you have done a Bulk Insurance Payment Distribution. Instead you will see “Bulk Insurance Payment” under the Patient Name column. The Description column will indicate the insurance company name separately for each Bulk Distribution that was entered.
When a bulk insurance payment is distributed, the patient’s Receipt will include a “to/from” code, which is the amount that was distributed from the Bulk Insurance Payment screen.
The bulk insurance payment distribution code is not shown on a Statement.