Treatment Plans in the Transaction Screen – Explanation
The Plan/Phase column on the patient Transaction screen will be filled in to specify treatment that is part of a Treatment Plan.
Treatment Plans can also be created and printed from the Restorative Chart and the Treatment Planning Module.
Treatment Plans created on the Transaction Screen differ from those plans created in the Chart or TX Planning Module in that they do not present the patient with multiple options for treatment. For example, if your patient has a tooth that could require one of several different courses of treatment you would want to create that Treatment Plan in the Chart or Module. If there is only one course of treatment available for the issue, you can create a Treatment Plan from the Transaction Screen.
A Treatment Plan is printed for a patient after undated treatment is entered on the Transaction screen.
You also have the capability of printing the Treatment Plan in phases. For example, you may want to print a Treatment Plan in phases so that a patient will know how many appointments will be required to complete the entire Treatment Plan.
Printing out a Treatment Plan in phases allows you to include subtotals for each phase as well as the grand totals for each phase.
The Treatment Plan will include the patient’s name along with their title.
The Practice Name at the top of the Treatment Plan is from the Employer field for the Provider on the Patient Information screen.
Treatment Plan Messages can also be added to Treatment Plans. You can select from existing messages or even add a personal message for this patient! Treatment Plan messages are saved in the patient’s Notes for future reference.
Options such as “Include Estimated Insurance” and “Include Tooth Description” can be selected when printing the treatment plan.
- Include Estimated Insurance – Mark this box when printing a Treatment plan if you want estimated insurance to be included on the Treatment Plan. This will include a total of both primary and secondary insurance estimates.
- Include Tooth Description – Mark this box to add an easy-to-understand description in the Description on the Treatment Plan. These descriptions and in addition the standard ADA code description and they will vary based on the primary or permanent tooth that is selected. For example, the description for primary tooth A will be “upper right second molar”. These descriptions cannot be edited and are based on the exact descriptions from the ADA code book.
You can customize your Treatment Plans to include itemized fees, phase totals, and plan grand totals. MOGO will memorize the last option selected.
These options can be selected on the Print Treatment Plan screen:
- Print All Totals and Fees – The Treatment Plan will include itemized fees (fees for each treatment) and phase totals. A grand total will be shown at the bottom of each separate Treatment Plan. The grand total will include Totals for each Treatment Plan (all phases within that plan), an Over Max amount, and the Estimated Totals. The Estimated Total is the difference between the Total and the Over Max amount.
- Print Phase and Grand Totals Only – There will be no itemized fees (fees for each treatment). A grand total will be shown at the bottom of each separate Treatment Plan. The grand total will include Totals for each Treatment Plan (all phases within that plan), an Over Max amount, and the Estimated Totals. The Estimated Total is the difference between the Total and the Over Max amount.
- Print Grand Total Only – There will be no itemized fees (fees for each treatment) or phase totals. A grand total will be shown at the bottom of each separate Treatment Plan. The grand total will include Totals for each Treatment Plan (all phases within that plan), an Over Max amount, and the Estimated Totals. The Estimated Total is the difference between the Total and the Over Max amount.
Note: If you are including more than one Treatment Plan, the grand total is only for each separate Treatment Plan (it does not show a grand total for ALL treatment plans).
The estimated insurance that is shown on the Treatment Plan is the same amount that is shown on the patient Transaction screen for the treatment. The estimated insurance includes both primary and secondary insurance estimates. You can Re-Estimate Insurance Coverage for undated treatment at any time in order to update this information. When you Re-Estimate Insurance Coverage, you will also have the option to update fees.
Note: The secondary deductible amount on the patient’s Transaction screen is for reference purposes only and will not be shown in the Pat. Portion field on the Treatment Plan. You may want to add a Treatment Plan Message if there is a deductible portion for the treatment.
The “Over Max” amount is shown at the bottom of each plan in the Treatment Plan Total area.
- It shows how much of the estimated insurance (Est.Ins.) shown for each Treatment Plan is OVER the remaining benefits from the bottom of the Transaction screen.
- If the amount shown as estimated insurance for the Treatment Plan does not exceed the remaining benefits, the Over Max will be zero.
- The Over Max amount is calculated separately for each Treatment Plan.
- The Over Max amount is a combination of both primary and secondary remaining insurance benefits.
The TxP.Date column on the Transaction screen is used to enter the date for each line of treatment that is on the Treatment Plan. This is entered manually by you when you print a Treatment Plan for a patient. It is important to enter the date in this column since it affects information on the Business Analysis Report. Tip: Right click in this field to quickly enter the current date!
The Acc.Date column on the Transaction screen is used to enter the date for each line of treatment that was accepted by the patient. This is entered manually by you when the patient agrees to the Treatment Plan that was presented. It is important to enter the date in this column since it affects information on the Business Analysis Report.
In addition, the date entered in this field will appear on the Pending Tx Plan report in the To Do List. Tip: Right click in this field to quickly enter the current date!
A Treatment Plan is always sent to the viewing screen first. You can then click on the print icon on the viewing screen to send the Treatment Plan to the printer.
After Treatment Plans are printed, there will be a “TPSnt” code on the Transaction screen. The description of this code will contain the login name of the person who printed the Treatment Plan, along with the letter or number of the Treatment Plan.
You can click with the right mouse on the Treatment Plan code (TPSnt code) on the Transaction screen and select View Treatment Plan. This will open a Treatment Plan Detail window containing the treatment for the selected Treatment Plan.
The Treatment Plan Detail window will list each line of treatment, along with the current Fee for the treatment. Note: The “TPSnt” code on the Transaction screen will always show the original amount under the Fee column from when the Treatment Plan was printed. The Fees may now be different if you updated the fees when using Re-Estimate Insurance Coverage.
Treatment Plans are tracked in the Pending Tx Plan folder under the Treatment Status tab in the To Do List. You can right click on any patient and select View Treatment, Treatment Plan to see the treatment!