Opening an Existing File
The Word Processor icon is shown on the Patient Lookup List. It is under Documents on the menu bar in the Patient Information screen or Patient Transaction screen.
To quickly open the File Selection list, just click on the Open icon from the toolbar in the Word Processor.
There are several ways to open a file when you are in the Word Processor:
- Click on Documents from the menu bar on the Patient Lookup List.
- Click on Word Processor.
- Click on File from the menu bar in the Word Processor.
- Click on Open.
- Click on the Word Processor icon on the Patient Lookup List.
- Click on the Open icon in the Word Processor.
By default, MOGO will display the Word Processor (WP) folder when opening documents.
Note: All MOGO file folders will be shown in the directory list although some of the folders will be disabled. You cannot delete or rename disabled folders. However, you can add new subfolders under any folder in order to organize files. Click with the right mouse on any folder for options to Create New File Folder, Rename File Folder, and Delete File Folder.
You can search for a filename when the File Selection window opens by typing a few characters from the filename.
- Just click anywhere in the File Selection window first (so that the focus is on the File Selection window), and then type a few characters of the filename. You can also use the arrow keys in the scroll bar to locate the filename. The selected filename will appear in the “File name” text box.
- You can also type a few characters in the “File name” text box at the bottom of the list. A drop-down list will open so that you can select the file you need.
The “Files of type” box will default to Rich Text Format (RTF). All MOGO letters are RTF files.
- Click on the arrow in the “Files of type” box to select from .TXT, .DOC, .HTML, .HTM, or .PDF formats.
- Changing the type of file will allow you select a Microsoft Word® document.
After selecting your filename and file type:
- Click [OK] or double click to select.
- The document is shown on the screen and can now be edited.
- Use the arrow keys in the scroll bar to move through the document or you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Click on Save to save any changes you have made.
- Exit the Word Processor and return to the Patient Lookup List.
- You will be asked “Saved changes in filename?” if you have made any changes without saving the document.
If you do not want to exit the Word Processor, but would like to continue working on another file:
- Click on File and Open to return to the file selection window in order to open another file.
- Or you can click on the Open icon to open another file.