Notes in the Appointment Monitor and To Do List
Patient Notes can be viewed and entered from many areas of the program, such as the Patient Lookup List, Patient Information screen, Patient Transaction screen, and the To Do List. The menu bar in other areas of the program will also allow you to enter or view Notes. For example, you can click on Patient on the menu bar in the Appointment Book to view or enter Notes.
Appointment Monitor and To Do List:
You can then select the Notes cabinet you would like to view. You can view up to five cabinets, as well as Related Notes. For example, the front desk may want to view Notes under the Administrative and Patient cabinet. The operatory may want to see only Clinical Notes.
- The Related Notes option will add a notes window for notes related to the appointment (Appointment Monitor) or item (To Do List).
- “Linked information” such as date, time, and login name is shown in gray above the Note. Possible linking information will include Transaction, Appointment, Recall, Budget Plan, and Refer In/Out. For example, if you are in the Appointment Monitor, you will see linked information regarding the appointment date and time.
The Custom cabinet is available in the Notes area of the To Do List and the Appointment Monitor.
The Custom cabinet has an Options icon at the top so that you can select the category of Notes you would like to view.
- When you click on the Options icon, you will go to the Custom Cabinet Setup.
- After clicking on the Options button, you can select from “Documented by” and “Display Categories”. For example, you may want to select a Display Category of Message or Comment.
- The Custom cabinet allows you to view the selected folders from ALL cabinets. For example, if you select Comment under “Display Categories” in the Custom Cabinet Setup screen you would see ALL Notes that were in the Comments folders under ALL cabinets.
Under “Documented by” you can select “All Providers” or individual providers. This would allow you to view only those Notes that were documented by a specific provider or providers (based on the login name).
Use your [Ctrl] key to select multiple choices. Use your [Shift] key to select a range of choices.
The choices under “Display Categories” allows you to view the selected program-defined folders from ALL cabinets. Note: The folder may be under more than one cabinet.
You can select from the following folders:
- Appointment is under the Patient cabinet.
- EMR (Electronic Medical Record) is under the Clinical cabinet.
- Comment is under the Patient, Clinical, and Administrative cabinets. This includes anything under the main Comment folder.
- Letter is under the Patient, Clinical, and Administrative cabinets. This includes anything under the main Letter folder.
- QRP (Quick Report Processor) is under the Clinical cabinet.
- Recall is under the Patient cabinet.
- Message is under the Patient cabinet.