Family Table – Assigning Insurance
The Family Table is where insurance benefits for family members are assigned.
Insurance is assigned by clicking the drop down arrow in the Covered by field at the bottom of the Family Table. The insurance assignments made in the Family Table will affect information that is shown on an insurance form.
The person who is the insured employee must be in the Family Table in order to link insurance coverage to other family members. They can be in the Family Table either as a family member, or they can be connected to the family for insurance purposes only.
If you need to add someone to the Family Table, you will click on the New icon at the top of the screen.
When you click the drop down arrow you will see a list of all insurance coverage that can be assigned to that patient. Clicking on an item will assign that family member’s coverage to the selected patient. If the patient has any coverage already assigned it will be highlighted in gray.
Follow these steps to assign insurance to each family member:
- Click to select a family member under the “Member” column.
- Click next to “Primary” under the “Covered by” column in the Insurance Coverage window.
- Click on the drop-down list arrow in the “Covered by” field. The list will contain the names of everyone in this family who is an insured employee.
- Click on the name of the insured employee who carries the primary insurance for this family member. The selected name and relationship, followed by the Patient Ins. ID, Subscriber Ins. ID, Employer, Group, and Insurance Company, Plan Name, Remaining Annual Benefits, Remaining Annual Deductible, and the YTD Benefits Used will be shown in columns.
- You can select the Relationship by clicking in the “Relation” column and then clicking on the arrow to select from Self, Spouse, Child, or Other. This is the relationship of the family member to the insured employee. Note: This information is critical when filing claims for insurance. By default the relationship will be ‘Other’, most insurance companies will require this to be more accurate.
- If the family member has Secondary insurance, you can follow the same steps to connect the Secondary insurance. You can connect as many plans as your patients are covered by.
- The SSN/Insurance ID will default to the patient’s social security number. If the insurance plan requires a Patient ID Number in place of the social security number, you can click in this field to edit it for each plan connected to the patient.
You can then click to select a different name under the “Member” column and continue with the same steps to link insurance coverage to other family members.