Images are stored in Image cabinets and folders.
To edit an image, click on File and Open Image Editor from the menu bar on the Image Cabinet window. You will be editing the selected image. After selecting an image you can click on the icon to open the editor. You can also open the Editor when you are in the Viewer window by clicking on Edit and Open Editor from the Viewer menu bar.
The Image Editor can also be opened by clicking on the arrow button next to the Image icon in the toolbar throughout the program.
Tip: Open the Image Cabinet first, select the image from the list, and then edit the image, so that when the Editor is closed you are still on the Cabinet list.
The status bar at the bottom of the Image Editor shows the image dimensions in pixels (width by height), the image color in bits per pixel, the image’s resolution in DPI (Dots per Inch), and the size of the image when saved in the MOGO database (after compression). The Patient’s Name will be displayed in the header after ‘MOGO Windows Image Editor’.
Tip: Point to any field of information in the status bar and a “Tool Tips” window will describe the field.
The following fields of information can be entered:
Description – Notes regarding the image are entered here. There are arrows to the right of this field so that you can arrow up or down in order to see the complete Description that was entered. If the arrows are “grayed out”, then there is no further description listed here.
- There is a button next to the description field where you can choose from a list of pre created descriptions.
- You will want to enter the tooth number in this field so that the image can be viewed from the Chart. It must be entered on the first line of the Description as the following example shows in order to be viewed from the Chart: T#30,31. When you are in the Chart, teeth #30 and #31 will then have a red bar. This means that there is imaging for these teeth.
Cabinet – Click on the down arrow to select Patient, Ledger, Letter, X-Ray, Oral, or Annotation . You cannot edit or add selections to the Type list. This field determines in which Cabinet an image will appear.
Folder and Sub-folder – MOGO will already include a folder listed of “Pat” (patient) and a sub-folder of “pic” (picture). If you would like the patient picture to open first whenever you click on Image from the Patient Lookup List, you will need to select a folder of “Pat” and a sub-folder of “pic”. The sub-folder of “pic” is only available if you have first selected a folder of “pat”.
- These fields can be user-defined for categorizing the various images. Click on the button to add a new folder or sub-folder choice to your database selection.
- The folder and sub-folder selection determines in which folder or sub-folders an image will appear. If you add a new folder or sub-folder, you are adding a new folder or subfolder to the Image Cabinet list. Tip: You can click and drag images to move them into a folder in the Image Cabinet!
- If there are selections available, then there will be a down arrow in the folder and sub-folder fields so that you can click to make a selection. An example of a folder may be “Before Tx” or “After Tx”.
- The folders that are created can also be selected as a Category in the Image Template. The Image Template is accessed under Go To on the menu bar from the Patient Lookup List.