Clinical Chart Cabinet
The Clinical Chart Cabinet is a very useful feature to review your EMR Notes for the selected patient on one easy-to-view screen. However, you can also customize this area so that you can view other types of Notes as well.
The Clinical Chart icon is located at the top of the Patient Lookup List and in toolbar on the patient’s Notes screen. In addition, it is available under Documents on the menu bar in many areas
It is also in the drop-down list next to the Notes icon in the toolbars.
The Clinical Chart feature is for viewing purposes only and cannot be printed.
The Clinical Chart is the same as the Custom cabinet that is shown in the Notes area of the Appointment Monitor and the To Do List.
The Clinical Chart has an Options icon at the top so that you can select the category of Notes you would like to view.
- When you click on the Options icon, you will go to the Custom Cabinet Setup.
- After clicking on the Options button, you can select from “Documented by” and “Display Categories”. For example, you may want to select a Display Category of EMR to view only your EMR Notes.
Under “Documented by” you can select “All Providers” or individual providers. This would allow you to view only those Notes that were documented by a specific provider or providers (based on the login name).
Use your [Ctrl] key to select multiple choices. Use your [Shift] key to select a range of choices.
The choices under “Display Categories” allows you to view the selected program-defined folders from ALL cabinets. Note: The folder may be under more than one cabinet.
You can select from the following folders:
- CDS (Clinical Documentation System). This is the old Clinical Notes feature, which was replaced by EMR in Version 18. All CDS notes will still be stored in the CDS folder/category.
- EMR (Electronic Medical Records). This is the new Clinical Notes feature. All EMR notes will be stored in the EMR folder/category.
- Comment is under the Patient, Clinical, and Administrative cabinets. This includes anything under the main Comment folder.
- QRP (Quick Report Processor) is under the Clinical cabinet.
- TMD is under the Clinical cabinet.