Remove Insurance from All Employees
If the employer has changed the insurance company for ALL employees, you will click on the Un-Link icon on the Employer/Insurance Plan Information screen. Note: If you only want to remove the employer from a specific patient and their family members, you will click on the Un-Link icon at the Employer field on their Patient Information screen.
Note: The Supervisor can assign rights modify employer, insurance and group linking when setting up login names and passwords.
Follow these steps if the employer no longer offers insurance and you want to remove insurance from ALL employees.
Note: This will affect ALL employees linked to this employer and is used ONLY when permanently removing insurance coverage for the employer.
- Select Go To and Employer List from the menu bar on the Patient Lookup List. Select the employer and click on the Edit icon in the toolbar at the top of the employer database list.
- Go to the subscriber’s (insured employee) Patient Information screen. Click on the Edit icon at the Employer field to open the Employer/Insurance Plan Information screen. Tip: You can also double click on the Employer name.
- The insurance companies and group numbers linked to this employer are shown in a list at the bottom of the Employer/Insurance Plan Information screen. Select from this list.
- Click on the Un-Link icon to remove insurance coverage for ALL subscribers and their family members. MOGO will give you the option to select a replacement plan. When you click on the “Replace” button, a list of group plans linked to this insurance company will open so that you can select a replacement plan.
If insurance coverage is removed or changed, MOGO will save the user login name, as well as the date and time, in the patient’s Notes for future reference. Information regarding the original and new coverage, such as the subscriber, employer, insurance company, and group number, will also be saved in Notes.
Information is saved in Notes if you do the following:
- If you click on the Unlink icon at the Employer field and select Replace.
- If you click on the Unlink icon at the Employer field and do not Replace.
- If you click on the Link icon at the Plan field on the Patient Information screen and select a different insurance company.
- If you connect insurance coverage from a non-family member through the Family Table.
- If you delete an insurance company.