Family Table – Detaching a Patient from a Family
You will use the Detach Family Member icon at the top of the Family Table in order to remove a family member. This icon will be “grayed out” if you select the Family Head name. Note: You can only detach a family member from this table. If you want to detach a Family Head, you will first need to reassign a different family member as the Family Head.
If there is insurance coverage, MOGO will give you the option to either remove the existing coverage or to keep the insurance coverage. The choice is yours! In other words, you can detach someone from the family without affecting insurance coverage.
- Click on the name of the family member you would like to detach.
- Click on the Detach Family Member icon.
- MOGO will say, “This action will remove [Name] from [Family Head Name] family. Are you sure you want to continue?” Click [OK] to continue.
If there is insurance coverage, MOGO will ask you the following:
- If the detached family member is covered by another member’s insurance, MOGO will ask, “Do you want to remove the family insurance coverage from this person?” You can click on [Yes] or [No]. Even though you are detaching a family member, you can still click on [No] if you want them to keep their existing insurance coverage. They will be removed from the family, but when you look in their individual Family Table, you will see that they still have the same insurance coverage!
- If the detached family member is an insurance holder (an insured employee) for other family members, MOGO will ask, “Do you want to remove this person’s insurance from the remaining family members?” You can click on [Yes] or [No]. Even though you are detaching them from the family, you can still click on [No] if you want the family to keep their existing insurance coverage. In that case, when you click in the “Covered by” field in the Insurance Coverage screen at the bottom of the Family Table, their name will still be listed.
Note: MOGO will automatically save the date, time, and login name of the user who removed the insurance coverage in the patient’s Notes screen. The Notes screen will also show the insurance holder name and ID number, employer name, insurance company name, and group number that was removed.