New Employer and New Insurance Company
Employer/Insurance information is entered on the Patient Information screen.
A patient’s insurance information may change for a number of reasons, such as a new employer or new plan with same employer.
Note: The Supervisor can assign rights modify employer, insurance and group linking when setting up login names and passwords.
If the patient has a new Employer and Insurance Company:
- Open the Patient Information screen for the insured member (subscriber).
- Click on the Un-Link icon next to the Employer field. When you use the Un-Link icon, you will be given the option to replace this employer with another employer. When you replace the employer, the Family Table will automatically be updated with the new information!
If insurance coverage is removed or changed, MOGO will save the user login name, as well as the date and time, in the patient’s Notes for future reference. Information regarding the original and new coverage, such as the subscriber, employer, insurance company, and group number, will also be saved in Notes.
Information is saved in Notes if you do the following:
- If you click on the Unlink icon at the Employer field and select Replace.
- If you click on the Unlink icon at the Employer field and do not Replace.
- If you click on the Link icon at the Plan field on the Patient Information screen and select a different insurance company.
- If you connect insurance coverage from a non-family member through the Family Table.
- If you delete an insurance company.