Editing a WP File
An existing Word Processor file can be edited at any time by first opening the file. All of the editing features are listed in the menu bar and many of them are available as icons across the top of the screen.
To open an existing file, follow these steps:
- Click on the Word Processor icon once with the left mouse button.
- Click on the Open icon .
- Type a few characters of the filename and MOGO will find those characters. You can also use the up and down arrow keys in the scroll bar to locate the filename.
- Click on the name of the file. The filename will appear in the text box.
- Click OK.
- The document is shown on the screen and can now be edited.
This feature can be used to insert an existing file at the current cursor location. For example, you may want to insert an existing file into a new file so that you can use the same letter format and retype only the body of the letter. This is a great timesaver!
Follow these steps to use the Insert feature:
- Click on Open to open an existing file or click on New to open to open a new file.
- Click on Insert on the menu bar.
- Click on File. The File Selection window will appear.
- Select the filename that you would like to insert at the current cursor position.
- Click OK. The file you selected is now inserted into the current file.
To quickly cut or delete selected text, follow these steps:
- Click and drag using the left mouse button to highlight the text you would like to delete.
- Click on the Cut icon . The highlighted text is now deleted.
Tip: Click on the Undo icon to bring the most recently deleted text back!
You can also move your cursor to another position and click on Paste. The text you Cut is now Pasted to the new position!
COPY AND PASTE
Copy and paste can be used to quickly copy text and then paste it at another location. The text you would like to move is first highlighted and copied and then pasted to another location!
Follow these steps to copy and paste.
- Click and drag using the left mouse button to highlight text you would like to copy.
- Click on Edit.
- Click on Copy [Ctrl-C].
- You can now go to the location in the document where you would like to paste this text.
- Click with your left mouse button on the location where you would like to paste this text.
- Click on Edit.
- Click on Paste.
The text is now pasted to the new position. It also still exists at the original location. You can highlight and drag and then click on Cut to delete the original text location!