MOGO’s Digital Communication Suite (DCS) includes MOGO’s powerful e-mail feature that is similar to Microsoft Outlook®.
Click here to learn more about MOGO’s E-mail Setup Wizard: Getting Started with E-Mail.
When you click on the icon on the Patient Lookup List, MOGO’s Digital Communication Suite E-mail screen will open.
- Create your own folders in order to organize e-mail for easy retrieval and review
- Include multiple e-mail attachments, including images stored in the patient’s Image Cabinet.
- E-mail images directly from your Outbox
- Password protected Adobe PDF documents for security purposes
- E-mail Microsoft Word® documents
- Include images directly in the document
- Save e-mails to patient Notes
The e-mail icon is available in many areas of the program. For example, it is at the bottom of the Patient Lookup List, in Notes, and the To Do List.
As you update your patients’ records, ask for their e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers. You can then enter the e-mail address, as well as other numbers, in their Contact Information screen. You can even mark a “preferred contact” number! MOGO’s eReminders allows you to send appointment confirmations and reminders via e-mail and text message!
Tip: MOGO can automatically send and receive e-mails in the background without opening DCS. The E-mail Options window allows you to enable and set the frequency of this feature. Options can be accessed under Tools in the menu bar and by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the E-mail icon on the Patient Lookup List.
E-mail notification messages will be displayed in your system tray on all computers.
- The messages are 1)New messages received, 2)Messages that need to be sent, and 3)Messages that need to be reviewed.
- The unsent and review notifications include the number of messages and will only display if the user has rights to send and receive e-mail.
- The new message notification will only display if the user has rights to access e-mail.
- The notifications display on all computers, not just the one that downloaded the e-mail.
Tip: Send & Receive is in the e-mail drop-down menu next to the e-mail icon on the Patient Lookup List.
You will notice fields for Home and Business E-Mail address in many areas of the program. For example, it is shown in the Appointment Monitor and in the Appointment Waiting List.
E-mail is also available in Quick Letters, Appointment Confirmations, Recall Cards, and when printing Statements.
- Quick Letters – The Supervisor, or anyone who has been given e-mail rights, can Send Quick Letters via E-Mail from the Report Merge screens and from the Power Sort Report. You can also send a Quick Letter via e-mail by clicking on the arrow button next to the Printer icon on the Preview screen. You can select from Patient, Family Head, Referral, Physician, Insurance 1, Insurance 2, Pharmacy, Refer In, or Refer Out. Note: You must have been given rights to Send E-Mail by the Supervisor in order to send Quick Letters via e-mail.
- Power Sort – Bulk e-mails can be sent from a Power Sort Report.
- Billing Statements – Billing Statements can be sent via e-mail and will be saved in the patient’s Notes. These Statements cannot be edited. There is an e-mail icon at the top of the Merge report. Note: Anyone can send Statements via e-mail. Tip: Click here for more information about how to save time and money with MOGO’s eStatements Service!
- Recall Reminders – Recall reminders can be sent via e-mail and will be saved in the patient’s Notes. Recall cards sent via e-mail will include only the Scheduled and Not Scheduled messages. When you print a Recall card you will have a choice to either print the card or send a reminder via e-mail. Note: Anyone can send Recall reminders via e-mail. Tip: MOGO’s eReminders allows you to send Recall reminders via e-mail and text message!
- Appointment Confirmation – You can confirm appointments via e-mail. Click with the right mouse on an appointment in the Appointment Book and select “E-mail Confirmation” from the popup menu. Note Anyone can send Appointment confirmations via e-mail. Tip: MOGO’s eReminders allows you to send appointment confirmations and reminders via e-mail and text message!
Note: E-mail options will be available if you are logged in as the Supervisor or if you have been given rights to send e-mail. However, anyone can send Statements, Recall Reminders, or Appointment Confirmations via e-mail.
E-mail options will be available from the Quick Report Processor and Clinical Documentation System if you are logged in as the Supervisor or if you have been given rights.
Note: You must have Supervisor rights to send QRP documents via e-mail.
The Supervisor, or anyone who has been given e-mail rights, can send a Quick Letter to e-mail from Merge Reports and Power Sort Reports. After selecting the name of the Quick Letter and clicking [OK] from the Merge or Power Sort report, the e-mail icon is shown next to the Printer icon at the top of the screen.
When printing a Quick Letter from other areas of the program, there is a drop-down button on the Quick Letter Preview screen. You can send a Quick Letter via e-mail to the Patient, Family Head, Referral, Physician, Insurance1, Insurance2, Pharmacy, Refer-In, and Refer Out. If there is not an e-mail address, MOGO will ask if you would like to add one when you make a selection.
Patient e-mail addresses are entered in their Contact Information screen. There is a field for e-mail address on the insurance company information screen.
Spell Check is available in many areas either as a button, as an icon, or in the menu bar. Tip: You can use [F7] on the keyboard to quickly activate Spell Check. There is a Spell Check icon under the “Send” icon when sending e-mail.
An image or images can be inserted in the document under Insert on the menu bar in the Compose Message screen. An image can be sent as an attachment by using the Attach icon.
The Attach MOGO Image icon will open the Image Cabinet for the selected patient. This will allow you to quickly select an image or images for the patient to attach to your e-mail.