The Word Processor icon is shown on the Patient Lookup List. It is under Documents on the menu bar in the Patient Information screen or Patient Transaction screen.
The following features are under View in the menu bar:
Note: A checkmark (or highlight) will appear next to options that have been activated under View.
- Page Layout – The page will appear with gray borders along with margins and pages.
- Normal – The page will fill the entire viewing screen.
- Headers and Footers – To indicate headers and footers. If you click off the header or footer, you will not see the graphic. Click back in the header and footer area to see the graphic again. After activating Headers and Footers under View, you can then format them under Format on the menu bar.
- A header or footer is text or graphics that is usually printed at the top or bottom of every page in a document. Merge Fields can be added to headers and footers.
- You can set the distance from the page border for headers and footers under Format Headers and Footers on the menu bar.
- “Remove header and footer” is also available on the Format Headers and Footers screen.
- Toolbar – The toolbar containing Word Processor icons will be shown.
- Button Bar – The button bar containing formatting options, such as font size, will be shown.
- Status Bar – The status bar will be at the bottom of the screen.
- Horizontal Ruler – The ruler will be on the left of the screen.
- Vertical Ruler – The ruler will be on the top of the screen.
- Text Frame Marker Lines – Enables faint border lines around inserted text frames that only appear when viewing the document. These marker lines do not appear when the document is printed or saved.
- Drawing Marker Lines – Enables faint border lines around shapes that only appear when viewing the document. These marker lines do not appear when the document is printed or saved.
- Bookmarks – Displays bookmark markers.
- Control Characters – Displays control characters, such as the paragraph (pilcrow) symbol: ¶. These symbols only appear on the document while viewing in the WP, when printed or saved the symbols do not appear.
- Zoom – A zoom percentage can be selected from the sub-menu. The default is 100%.
- Document Information – This is where you will find specific information regarding a file. For example:
- Stored Printer will contain information if you have Saved Printer with Document. Click on the Save icon after you enter Document Information.
- If you do not want to save a specific Quick Letter to the patient’s Notes, you can enter the following in the keyword field in Document Information: QLetNoSave (this is not case sensitive).